About the Program
Take Action on Insects is a farmer-focused educational platform designed to help farmers implement Bt stewardship practices. The goal is to encourage farmers to adopt management practices that lessen the chances of Bt-resistance development.
The three areas of focus for this program include:
- Refuge planting and management, whether a structured refuge or use of refuge-in-a-bag
- Use of multiple insect resistance management strategies, such as:
- Implementing cultural insect resistance management strategies, such as crop rotation
- Using pyramided traits
- Rotating Bt traits
- Rotating and using multiple modes of action for insecticide seed treatments, soil-applied insecticides and foliar-applied insecticides
- Scouting in season to determine efficacy of control measures in place and identify whether further action is necessary for effective control
This arm of the Take Action program is brought to you by the National Corn Growers Association and the Agricultural Biotechnology Stewardship Technical Committee.